Desiree wrote:

> With the demise of Scroogle, which has been my sole search engine for
> many years, I am looking for a search engine that does not spy on me.
> StartPage looks to be the only decent results one in this category. Why
> can't I install it on SM? I am really surprised that I cannot.

I just installed StartPage here as a search engine, and it works.

Options > Browser > Internet Search

Click the [Manage Search Engines...] button

When the browser opens to the add-ons page, enter this URL:
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/search-tools/?
sort=name&page=95>
where StartPage(SSL) lives in the long list of possibilities.

Click its button to "Add to SeaMonkey"
Click checkbox in next dialog to "Start using now"
Also click on that "menu" button and change from Google to StartPage.

Works for me in 2.4.1 - the version I have on my Linux box.

--
   -bts