"JAS" <jaskin...@bbc.net> wrote in message
news:l_-dnsnurmbzndzsnz2dnuvz_rkdn...@mozilla.org...
> NoOp wrote:

>>> My last update to 2.7.2 was 21.6 mb and all went well with no problems.
>>>
>> That was my point... both Firefox and Thunderbird only required ~1.8MB
>> to upgrade from 10.0.1 to 10.0.2, SM required ~21MB to go from 2.7.1 to
>> 2.7.2.
>>

> The update went without a problem and was over in less than 2 min. with
> no loss of add ons. I was just curious if that was to be the norm from
> now on. I am very please with SeaMonkey. I have Firefox and Thunderbird
> on a flash drive [portable versions] but prefer to run SeaMonkey.

Really? No loss of extensions? I just declined the update because two
extensions will be disabled. This is exactly why I hate frequent updates.
I'm installing Fx enterprise version to avoid the craziness there of way,
way too frequent updates. I came back to SM because it used not to engage in
the craziness but it does now although at least it doesn't use the
outrageous labeling that Fx uses.  I'm still using Fx 4.01. I will update Fx
once a year and no more and not even that often if my extensions will be
disabled (I used Fx 1.5 until March 2011). SeaMonkey, well, I won't update
if my extensions are going to be disabled. A simple, absolutely necessary
security patch should never be as large as you are reporting and, besides
security patches, there is no need for updates more than once yearly. I'll
be so glad to get away from at least some of the insanity when I move over
to Fx enterprise. The security updates are not even needed unless you are a
user who is ignorant about computers and computer security.