<robertb...@localnet.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.12144.1330631412.31724.support-seamon...@lists.mozilla.org...
>  Thanks for showing how to get rid of the extra separators; that helps
> some.
>  So you are saying there is no way to get rid of the "subscribe" or the
> "personal" entries.
>  They are extra garbage as far as i am concerned.
>  It is bad enough to have the "File Bookmark" (why have it - useless), the
> "Bookmark This Group of Tabs" (for some, the OPTION may be useful but
> allow it to be hidden from this menu), and the "Manage Bookmarks" (ditto,
> may be useful but allow it to be hidden from this menu).
>  I want absolute minimum, not (to slightly exaggerate) bloat.

I'm curious. Do you have many bookmarks? I never use Bookmarks in SM from
drop down. I have a lot and no way I can access them from drop down. With
Fx, I have an extension, Multicolumn Bookmarks, that makes bookmarks from
drop down just like the vastly superior bookmarks in Opera. But that
extension doesn't work on SM so I always click on Manage Bookmarks if I need
a bookmark (or I just rely on the address bar to show me the bookmark in
drop down menu after I type the first few letters). The extremely poor
bookmarks in SM is barrier to my using it as my default browser. I wouldn't
be using Fx as my default browser without Multicolumn Bookmarks.  I have 8
columns of bookmarks on Fx and the same on SM except on SM it is one
extremely long Unmanageable column.