David Wilkinson on 3/22/2012 2:34 PM, keyboarded a reply:
Philip Chee wrote:
They've only just started writing code for a Metro version of Firefox so
it'll be some time before anyone can test that on Windows 8.

Yes, but I'm talking about the regular desktop version. I don't know if
this will apply to third party browsers, but Metro IE10 allows no plugins
(no Flash, no Silverlight), and so there is a desktop version of IE10 that
does allow plugins. If Firefox follows this pattern, then the regular
version will need to run on Windows 8. And some people will want no part
of Metro, so they will want regular Firefox and SeaMonkey to run.

I'm just wondering what it is about Firefox and SeaMonkey that causes
their menus not to work with a touchscreen on Windows 8 (at least on Acer
W500). It seems to me that they must not be ordinary Win32 menus.

Have an idea that needs testing. When the menu item is clicked it has focus when the drop down menu opens. With a mouse, were scrolling down into the menu and dragging the focus with the cursor.

My question is, will doing a finger drag shift the focus to the desired item on the menu?

--
Ron K.