NoOp wrote:
On 03/23/2012 04:05 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 03/23/2012 03:01 PM, PhillipJones wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
I've read a specific newsgroup Comp.sys.mac.apps

I've setup some filters for certain individual and subjects that
offensive. I turned the people sending into abuse for the New Servers.
One more or less said "don't Bother me".

The other did remove the messages like the should have.

So decided to create filters to mark them read.

They don't work. Turns out that SeaMonkey sometime or another has
removed the ability to filter news Groups.

Not so. I just subscribed to that newsgroup&  before reading the
headers, I created a filter on your email address. I then clicked on the
newsgroup, loaded 500 headers&  marked the others as read. A sample from
my filter log:

Applied filter "Phillip" to message from PhillipJones
<pjon...@kimbanet.com>  - Replying to your own message in Mail at
03/22/2012 07:09:09 AM tagged

Applied filter "Phillip" to message from PhillipJones
<pjon...@kimbanet.com>  - Why do most people dislike filthy faggots? at
03/22/2012 07:16:35 AM tagged

Applied filter "Phillip" to message from Phillip Jones
<pjon...@kimbanet.com>  - (offensive title removed) at 03/22/2012
08:39:47 AM tagged

Applied filter "Phillip" to message from Phillip Jones
<pjon...@kimbanet.com>  - Replying to your own message in Mail at
03/22/2012 10:21:37 AM tagged

Keep in mind that NG filters are applied and in effect _after_ you've
created the filter. There is no ability (that I'm aware) the 'Run Now'
in NG's as there is in emails.

Hint re your list spammer... an easy nuke to that one is to filter on:
(you can also send your complaints there as well)

Sorry forgot another hint - the offensive one also cross posts to
multiple groups:

Newsgroups:
comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.music.beatles,alt.support.boy-lovers,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.politics.homosexuality

It's quite easy to set up a crosspost filter:

Filtername: Crosspost
Match all of the following
Newsgroups contains ,
Yep, just filter on the comma.
 Sounds interesting I might have to setup such a Filter.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com