PhillipJones wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Paul wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
I've read a specific newsgroup Comp.sys.mac.apps

I've setup some filters for certain individual and subjects that
offensive. I turned the people sending into abuse for the New
Servers.
One more or less said "don't Bother me".

The other did remove the messages like the should have.

So decided to create filters to mark them read.

They don't work. Turns out that SeaMonkey sometime or another has
removed the ability to filter news Groups.

When did this happen and why? Now spam and offensive material I
don't
want to read I can no longer mark as read. So I have to go through
each
group each topic, subtopic and mark read before I can enjoy reading
the
group.

To say I am steamed would be minimizing the way feel now. All I
want to
do as mark them as read as soon as I go so I don't have to deal it.

Have you tried "deleting" them? Filters work fine for me in ngs,
but I
choose to delete them in the filter.
bj

This is what I get :
http://www.screencast.com/t/wc08FQZZ

afaik, NS/SM has never had NG filters up to 1119.
I don't know about 2+.
At any rate, I have never been able to find or use
such for NG's. fyi- cannot del NG postings...
at least not easily and possibly not legally.

I have always had message filters for Newsgroups, and I think you've
misunderstood about how "Delete Messages" is accomplished.

We can't do it in the newsgroups, but we can set our NG message
*filters* to delete them, so that we never have to see them. It is so
nice. :)
bj

I'm not interested in deleting I mistyped. I just don't want to read the
stuff.

It's not actually deleting them... it just keeps them from appearing in
YOUR newsgroup download. Why do you want to see them.... if they're
offensive... and you're not going to read them?
bj

I don't want to see them. You can't delete Newsgroup post. (I would love
the ability to do) so next best thing is mark them read.

BTW I apparently have to Chris I. Changing from match exactly to match
any of the following appears to work.

 Sorry left out a word

BTW I apparently have to *thank* Chris I. Changing from match exactly to match any of the following appears to work.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com