I need expert help. I posted earlier with my problems concerning the loss of my passwords. Things are worse than when I posted earlier.

I am now asked, right up front, to enter password for google. It doesn't seem to matter whether I chose to enter it or ignore it, life goes on.

Equipment: HP desktop, Pavilion NY705AA-ABA p6204y, Windows 7, Home Premium, all additions up to date. Sea Monkey 2.8, Avast free, Zone Alarm free, Windows Defender-up to date.

My future plan/proposal:
        Uninstall SM entirely
        Delete Profile (if I can find it)
        Delete any other SM files (completely obliterate SM)

        Select a new browser, install, configure. Suggestions please. I
        am leaning toward Safari and Google Chrome. I have looked at
        Opera but did not like it. Import bookmarks but not passwords.

        Establish two e-mail accounts. They will be the ones from my
        ISP and one from gmail. I realize I will have to build
        password file from scratch but I can live with that.

Now: Is this plan feasible/doable/advisable? I have about 50 years experience around computers (1st generation, 1960 IBM RAMAC - 2012 Windows 7) but I have been left behind and overwhelmed by changes in technology since my retirement in 1984.

My main goal is to get rid of the requirement for entering username and/or passwords every time I turn around and to simplify my use and the enjoyment of using my computer. Any advise, encouragement, help or criticisms respectfully considered.

Walter

P.S. I have run a scan with Avast and no problems were detected.