Tiger wrote:
I have two Seamonkey profiles: one for normal use and another one for
archiving all my old email.
I'm using Seamonkey 2.0.14 on a PPC G4 based Mac running MacOSX 10.5.8).

Having just reinstalled all my files from a backup drive I'm having
trouble with the "archive" profile (the normal profile works fine). When
choosing the archive profile the crash reporter pops up with the
following message:

----------------------------------
We're sorry.
The application had a problem and crashed.
Unfortunately the crash reporter is unable to submit a report for this
crash.
Details: The application didn't leave an application data file.

[OK]
-----------------------------------

Remembering that I've run into these problems before I immediately
opened the "Mail" folder inside the archive profile folder
(~/Library/Application
Support/SeaMonkey/Profiles/PROFILE.NAME/Mail/ACCOUNTNAME) to have a look.
Next (after quitting SM) I created an empty folder within the "Mail"
folder's account-name subfolder and moved all the mail files to it and
restarted SM with the archive folder. Worked fine, confirming that the
Mail folder is the culprit.
Next I move one by one mailbox ("NAME.sbd", "NAME.msf" and "NAME" files)
back into the "Mail/ACCOUNTNAME/" folder followed by restarting SM to
see which file(s) are the problem. Actually it seems many files cause
the problem, but I can't find any pattern or other reasons why. I've
already deleted all the .msf index files inside the archive folder and
its sub-folder) without that solving the problem either.
Any ideas?

Tiger, not that I think it will help (but you never know....) have you tried File->Compact Folder on each Archive File....but this is with-in SM, which you say crashes when you address certain folders, so would achieve nothing.

Another option.....why do you have a separate profile for your archiving....I archive my various mail folders, each year, under the "Local Folders", so my Mail folders sub-folders only contain this years stuff.

--
Daniel