Daniel wrote:
Frog wrote:
I currently have two profiles on my computer...one for SeaMonkey version
1.1.19 and another profile for SeaMonkey version 2.8. Recently, with
much help from this group, a new location was established for my 2.8
profile on the E drive (previously it was on my C drive). My plan was to
remove the old profile from the C drive once it was determined that the
new location profile was working properly. Well, I removed the old
profile from the C drive today and did I get a surprise--nothing worked
on the 2.8 version without having to set up SeaMonkey all over again. I
attempted to fix this problem without success until I finally restored
my system to April 6. Now that I have it working again, I want to build
a new profile on the E drive. Here is where I am having problems---I
don't know how to migrate the address book, bookmarks, messages,
settings, etc. from the existing/old E profile to the newly created
profile. Is there some simple solution for accomplishing this task?

Windows XP Pro SP3.

Thanks,
Frog

Frog, first a couple of things to see if your e: profile works:-

1. Have a look at Tools->Switch Profiles. Do you see more than one
profile listed, and, if so, is one of the others your missing profile on
E:\ Drive??

2. In your current profile, have a look at Edit->Mail & Newsgroups
Account Settings, select "Server Settings" on your Mail account and at
"Local directory:" at the bottom of this screen, Browse to where you
think you set up your new profile on the E:\. O.K. your way out. Are you
at your "other" profile??

Report back and we'll see what we need to do next.

Daniel,

Thanks again for helping me...it helps to know that you have background on my previous profile endeavors.

Answer to question 1: I see default and Frog/Barb...neither being my old SeaMonkey profile.

Answer to question 2: Local directory: E:\SeaMonkey Profile\Mail\incoming.verison.net. The name of the folder where my recently created Frog/Barb profile resides is E:\SeaMonkeyProfile, and this folder includes a sub-folder Mail\incoming.verizon.net.

Here is more information that might help you to see what I am looking at on my computer:

C:\(Drive)

Mozilla
     Extensions
          {92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}
          h...@tomtom.com  (refers to my GPS system)
     Profiles
          Frog-SeaM  (refers to my version 1.1.19 profile)
               g72n48iz.slt
                    chrome
                    Mail
                    News
     SeaMonkey
          Crash Reports
               pending
               submitted
          Profiles
               ef6mjiq8.default
                    bookmarks
                    chrome
                    extensions    (plus sub-folders)
                    Mail      (plus sub-folders)
                    minidumps
                    News       (plus sub-folders)
                    weave
     SeaMonkey(2)
          Crash Reports
          Profiles
               8libd6kw.default
                    bookmarkbackups
                    extensions
     Seamonkey(2)(2)
          Crash Reports
          Profiles
               qv8w5dei.default
                    bookmarkbackups
                    extensions
Seamonkey(3)
          Crash Reports
          Profiles
               sxrklq6a.default
                    bookmarkbackups
                    extensions

E:\Drive

SeaMonkeyProfile
     bookmarkbackups
     Cache
          (sub-folders 0 thru 9 and A thru f...each having sub-folders)
     extensions
          {59c81df5-4b7a-477b-912d-4e0fdf64e5f2}
               chrome (with sub-folders)
               components
     Mail
          incoming.verizon.net
          Local Folders (with sub-folders)
     minidumps
     News
          (with three sub-folders)
     OfflineCache
     StartupCache
     weave
          changes
          toFetch

I will supply information about the "sub-folders" is you need them. I hope this will help you in your attempt to help me.

Thanks again for your help.

Frog