Frog wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Frog wrote:
I currently have two profiles on my computer...one for SeaMonkey version
1.1.19 and another profile for SeaMonkey version 2.8. Recently, with
much help from this group, a new location was established for my 2.8
profile on the E drive (previously it was on my C drive). My plan was to
remove the old profile from the C drive once it was determined that the
new location profile was working properly. Well, I removed the old
profile from the C drive today and did I get a surprise--nothing worked
on the 2.8 version without having to set up SeaMonkey all over again. I
attempted to fix this problem without success until I finally restored
my system to April 6. Now that I have it working again, I want to build
a new profile on the E drive. Here is where I am having problems---I
don't know how to migrate the address book, bookmarks, messages,
settings, etc. from the existing/old E profile to the newly created
profile. Is there some simple solution for accomplishing this task?

Windows XP Pro SP3.

Thanks,
Frog

Frog, first a couple of things to see if your e: profile works:-

1. Have a look at Tools->Switch Profiles. Do you see more than one
profile listed, and, if so, is one of the others your missing profile on
E:\ Drive??

2. In your current profile, have a look at Edit->Mail & Newsgroups
Account Settings, select "Server Settings" on your Mail account and at
"Local directory:" at the bottom of this screen, Browse to where you
think you set up your new profile on the E:\. O.K. your way out. Are you
at your "other" profile??

Report back and we'll see what we need to do next.

Just another P.S.

I was reading mozillaZin items about Profiles.ini file. The following is
a copy of that file as it currently exists on my computer (be assured
that I have not attempted to change a single letter in this file):

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/ef5mjiq8.default

[Profile1]
Name=FrogBarb
IsRelative=0
Path=E:\SeaMonkeyProfile
Default=1

Thanks for all this information, Frog.

Now I'm going to have a guess that under SM 1.x.x, you and/or Barb had multiple profiles (Frog-SeaM, SeaMonkey, SeaMonkey (2),SeaMonkey (2)(2) and SeaMonkey (3) (or where one or other made, automatically, when SM 2.x was installed??) ..... and then, under me previous advice, you created the empty E:\SeaMonkeyProfile profile (which is, basically, empty). Right??

If the E:\ Profile is empty, might be easiest to just delete it and the delete SM 2.8 (by using the Windows Add/Remove function), then do a new, CUSTOM, install of SM 2.8 into the location you want and let it copy/upgrade your SM 1.x.x default profile into the E:\ location of your choice.

Then, to get your other SM 1.x.x profiles converted into SM 2.x format, you will need the assistance of others hereabouts, as I don't know how to upgrade them.

--
Daniel