On 4/15/2012 7:43 AM, Rob Lindauer wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
All is going well after upgrade from SM 2.7.2 to 2.8 However...

I see constantly on certain SM window an hour-glass as the mouse pointer.
But there is nothing to wait about - the mouse pointer must be a "normal
pointer".

What could be done to solve this visual annoying stuff ?

In 2.8, I get the constant "working" pointer (the one with theclock-like
symbol) in mail-news, when I hover over the folder pane or over the list
of messages.

I sometimes get that, but I also get a "pulsing" pointer, where the hourglass flashes for a fraction of a second, every second. This behavior is associated with New York Times site (www.nytimes.com) and possibly others. The status reads "Stopped" at the bottom. Not all pages of the NYT do this, and on those pages, the status reads "Done".

I haven't noticed a connection between the steady pointer with hour-glass on the email window and the pulsing pointer/hourglass on the browser window. It doesn't happen every day.