On 04/21/2012 05:26 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
> WLS wrote, On 21/04/2012 19:13:
>> Rick Merrill wrote:
>>> When ever I File > Save As > File
>>> the default extension is ".eml" but I would
>>> like it to be ".txt" (as I don't use Outlook...)
>>>

>>> Thx,
>>>

>> What is preventing you from changing the .eml extension to .txt?
> When i save it with the .txt extension double-clicking on it -> NOTEPAD
> opens it showing
> Subject: <the subject>
> From:<the from adress>
> Date:<the date sent>
> To:<the to adress>
> <MAIL TEXT>
>
> BUT !!!
>
> When i save it with the .eml extension, if i double-click on it -> SM
> opens it showing
> Subject: <missing or blank>
> From:<missing or blank>
> Date:<missing or blank>
> To:<missing or blank>
> <MAIL TEXT>
>
> Is this another unresolved SM bug ?

When I save it with the .eml extension, and select SeaMonkey mail from
one of the 3 mail programs on my system, it just opens the browser.

If I change the pref to open Mail and Newsgroups, it opens Mail and
Newsgroups, and doesn't display the message. Is that an unresolved SM
bug or, bug of the Linux build?

Thunderbird and KMail display the message properly, as does my text
editor program.

--
Thunderbird Beta | openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2
Humans aren't a color of skin, a religion, a sex, a sexual orientation,