David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/3/12 6:43 PM, Philip Chee wrote:
On 03/05/2012 23:17, David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/3/12 5:44 AM, Ken wrote:
Since either SeaMonkey version 2.9 or 2.9.1 I noticed that the vertical
scroll bar buttons move the page up or down about three lines rather
than a single line.  Is there a setting I can make that will allow the
page to move only one line when the buttons are clicked upon with the
mouse?  I am NOT talking about the scroll wheel on the mouse, but the up
and down buttons at each end of the vertical scroll bar.  Thanks.

Aha!  It's not me!  It's SeaMonkey.  I thought something was strange
when I scrolled.  The same thing is happening with the scroll bar
slider.  I can no longer scroll just one line.

toolkit.scrollbox.verticalScrollDistance
Change that from 3 to 1

Phil

That has no effect for SeaMonkey 2.9.1.  Both the keyboard arrow keys
and the arrow buttons at the top and bottom of the vertical scroll bar
cause scrolling by 3 or more lines.

This is another change to the user interface in Gecko or Toolkit that
did not address any actual software error.  Furthermore, I do not
believe any users really requested this.  Instead, the developers
apparently did this to make Mozilla browsers more like IE, Chrome, and
Opera.  If I wanted a browser more like one of those, I would download
and install it.

I think they have been right doing that, I have puzzled eg. with Opera on /openbox/ in *fedora16* and did not download /chrome/ yet.
The 2.8 version on *fedora16* is really weird, look at
        hhtp://vinkesteijn.info/Screenshot.png
Why does it ask me to load in languages all the time?!? So I stay on using the latest build versions, now 2.12a1 and it all the updates go automatically, on Windows7 I am very carefull, because I do not have a good virus protection yet there. Why not, would you ask, because I have MD and my daughter, Miriam (like my son David has also an american passport), takes care of all my finances, a MD patient can from time to time telephone too much and has not enough selfcontrol to have a creditcard and just buy a good virusprotector, like I did in 2010, the year my southern baptist mother Annie (yes! not kidding) died on euthanasia in my arms.
Miriam has a very friendly black labrador, good trained well behaved.
But MD is a genetic decease you might think. My kids, however, have had a very tough growing up with a very good mother: Margo Van Den Ende Mol, born Meier and her father, Klaas Van Den Ende, was wrong during the second worldwar (he served with the Military Police, Marechaussee). Something like that was the case with my father.

So, now I bothered you with my own secrets, sorry about that

sincerely

--
~Vink