I have been a long-standing user of the Mozilla/SM suite. Current user/agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20120429 Firefox/12.0 SeaMonkey/2.9.1

Since upgrading from 2.7.1 thru 2.8 and now to 2.9.1, I've experienced a problem with some purchasing thru Amazon.co.uk, most specifically their MP3 download center. Everything works normally until I go to the checkout screen--page appears to load with lots of activity messages flashing at the bottom of the SM browser window, and when the page is done loading I'm left with a completely blank white page.

On my wife's laptop with exactly the same theme, plugins and extensions installed on a Win7 SP1 OS, the same page works as expected. I've attempted to track down the offending piece of my profile by disabling all add-on modules and even the internal Chatzilla, DOM Inspector and Javascript debugger, intending to start turning them back on one at a time to find the culprit, but it does the same thing no matter what.

I have created a new test profile with nothing extra installed, and it works. Rather than going thru the (painful!) process of migrating my profile (yet again, done it a few times since 2.0 came out, lost things in the process), I'd like to track down what may be the reason behind this. Had a look thru all the text-based files in the root of the 'damaged' profile and the one thing I suspect is the extensions.RDF file--there are instances of info related to extensions that used to work but have been dropped/uninstalled over time that I want to clear out. Can this be done without making the profile unusable? Or can I simply delete the file with SM shut down and expect it to rebuild at next startup?

Or better yet, can anyone recommend a better place to look?