I wonder what affect this will have on the SeaMonkey email client:

<http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/06/so-thats-it-for-thunderbird/>
<http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2012/07/06/thunderbird-stability-and-community-innovation/>
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Proposal:_New_Release_and_Governance_Model>
"Mozilla is focusing a lot of its efforts towards important web and
mobile projects, while Thunderbird remains a pure desktop only email
client. We have come to the conclusion that continued innovation on
Thunderbird is not a priority for Mozilla and that the most critical
needs for the product are on-going security and stability. In fact, it
is quite possible that Thunderbird is already pretty much what its users
want and there is not a high demand for innovation in this field."

Maybe the 6 week release cycle was driving them crazy?