Thanks for both suggestions. Can I ask the developers to consider allowing this from the Profile Manager (or somewhere else). It used to simply warn you that there was already a profile at that location, and ask if you wanted to use it, now SeaMonkey refuses to use the existing data and wants to creates a new profile.

Daniel wrote:
Rob Steinmetz wrote:
I have a problem, a user somehow lost the configuration of SeaMonkey and
their profile is not listed in the profile manager. The actual profile
exists but if I try to recreate the profile using Profile Manager it
refuses to make a profile with the same name to use the existing
profile. How can I reconnect to the existing profile?

In past version that was possible and occasionally very helpful.

Rob, if David;s suggestion does not work (or maybe even before trying
David's advice), close SeaMonkey totally (i.e. even quick start) and
give the three finger salute (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) and have a look at the
running processes to see if Windows still thinks it has SeaMonkey still
running. If so, end process, get back to your desktop and see if you can
re-start SeaMonkey with your missing profile.

If SeaMonkey starts in the new profile, check Tools->Switch Profiles to
see if you can get back to the default Profile.

HTH