David E. Ross wrote:
On 7/19/12 6:32 PM, G. Ross wrote:
Saw this when I didn't need it, but now can't find out how.  I use my
bookmarks as my home page and need it refreshed every time I open (or
close) SM.  Is there really a way to do this?

Just installed SM 2.11 was using 2.014

Thanks in advance.

Insert the following in file user.js in your profile:
        user_pref("browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML", true);
        // automatically export bookmarks into an HTML file
This causes the export to occur when SeaMonkey terminates.  Don't forget
the semi-colon (;) at the end of the first line.  The second line is a
comment.

Alternatively, use about:config to set the preference variable
browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML to "True".

However, I prefer using the user.js file so that I can comments to
annotate why I changed a setting.  If you do this, it will help you to
remember it in the future.

I have had mine set to true for a long time, but I can't find the resulting Bookmarks.html file, is that the name it exports to and where? Using windows 7 64bit

Jim