Rufus wrote:
JC wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 11:26:31 AM UTC-7, Rufus wrote:
curl...@earthlink.net wrote:
> I had this problem before upgrading to SeaMonkey 2.11.  I'm
on an iMac using OS 10.6.8.  I had this constant prompt to
"Compact my folders" and I had read about this being a
problem.  I thought it was to be corrected with the upgrade to 2.11.
But, it is still happening.  Any help on this issue??

> Very frustrating!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Check Preferences/Mail&Newsgroups/Network&Storage and look at
your
settings for Disk Space.  Either uncheck the option, or set it to
something "reasonable".

I have my setting at 20 MB (which seems a bit low, now that I think
about it) and I hardly ever see a prompt to Compact; same setup as you -
iMac running 10.6.8.

--
       - Rufus
Rufus,

Thanks for the email.  I just de-selected the option and that may have
done the trick.  The setting was already at 20MB and that wasn't
resolving it.

Hope that will work out for you.

I don't know why I've left mine at the seeming default - something like
500-750 MB seems a better choice.  Maybe I don't see requests because I
always mark my headers "read" at the end of each session?

20 Mb, golly gosh!!

I'm on Linux, so that might account for the difference, but in Edit->Preferences->Mail & Newsgroups->Network & Storage, I've got Disk Space, Compact folders when it will save over 1 MB!!

Don't know how big a mail folder has to be in order to possibly save 1 MB, but a 20 MB mail file looks a bit large, IMHO!!

--
Daniel