I really needed a pdf document (listed as such, but actually an aspx document), so I dusted off internet explorer and tried to get the document, with the same results. I reasoned that the problem must be within Adobe reader; on their help menu is an option to repair adobe reader. I chose that, and windows worked some magic and the problem is now solved.

Thanks for the recommendation; right clicking and saving to the desktop worked for pdf documents, but not aspx documents, but it was a lot more work than the functional seamonkey.

Not@home wrote:
I use Windows Vista and SeaMonkey 2.13.2 with Adobe, which SeaMonkey
apparently thinks is activated.  But when I go to a site (I've tried
multiple sites) that links to a pdf document, I get a blank page.  This
is a very recent development.

Is there a setting I should change to make this work?