> Not@home wrote:
>> I use Windows Vista and SeaMonkey 2.13.2 with Adobe, which SeaMonkey
>> apparently thinks is activated.  But when I go to a site (I've tried
>> multiple sites) that links to a pdf document, I get a blank page.  This
>> is a very recent development.
>>
>> Is there a setting I should change to make this work?

On 11/5/12 4:45 PM, Not@home wrote:> I really needed a pdf document
(listed as such, but actually an aspx
> document), so I dusted off internet explorer and tried to get the
> document, with the same results.  I reasoned that the problem must be
> within Adobe reader; on their help menu is an option to repair adobe
> reader.  I chose that, and windows worked some magic and the problem is
> now solved.
>
> Thanks for the recommendation; right clicking and saving to the desktop
> worked for pdf documents, but not aspx documents, but it was a lot more
> work than the functional seamonkey.

This can also be a server problem, in which the MIME type for the PDF
file is incorrectly specified.  Bad MIME types are also why some PDF
files cause Adobe Reader to launch and display instead of the files
displaying in a browser window.

PLEASE bottom post on news.mozilla.org newsgroups.  Yes, other
newsgroups might prefer top-posting; but the Mozilla newsgroups prefer
bottom-posting.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross