On 11/10/2012 08:59 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

On 11/10/2012 1:08 PM, Ant wrote:

On 11/8/2012 12:02 PM PT, Ant typed:

Is there a way to find out how many current tabs/windows are running in these web browsers? Using "about:memory" doesn't show that information.
:(

I just found a way sort of. Close all tabs and it will ask me to close XX
tabs. Dang, I have 123 tabs in ONE window!! I thought it was about 50!
However, I have to do this for each window and do the basic math. :(

I hesitate to ask... how many windows do you keep open?  123 tabs is a LOT.

That depends on your standards.

On my work desktop, I have somewhere in the range of 150 to 200 (or possibly
slightly above), split among two windows and a variety of tab groups; I've
slimmed it down a few times, but there are reasons for all of what's left.

On my laptop, I again have in the range from 150 to 200 (or possibly slightly
above), with a very different set of tabs, split among six windows. I'm probably
overdue to prune this again.

On my home desktop, I have somewhere in the range from 600 to 700 (possibly more
than that by now), split among six windows. About half of those are "note to
self" for something to transfer to a local database I keep of "things to check
for updates" (with datestamps so I don't bother rechecking too soon), but doing
such transfers is tedious, so I keep not getting to it. Even so, I wouldn't
expect to ever be able to get below 80-90 tabs on this machine, just as basic
day-to-day operation.

Those numbers are taken from the "restore crashed session" dialog, which does
provide a whole-browser tab count; I've long wanted a way to get such a count
without having to kill the browser, but I haven't found any way to trigger one.

Maybe a few minutes cleaning house would help. Grin.

In my case, it would take hours. I've done bits and pieces of it from time to
time, on one machine or another, but there are usually better things to do with
my time.

--
      The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger