Richard Tasker wrote:
LMH wrote:
What exactly constitutes a session? When I open seamonkey, I have it
set to open the email window. If I open the browser
window, close the browser, and open it again, it would appear that
this is still the same session. Session only cookies
are still present, even though the browser has been opened and closed.
Is it necessary to close the entire SM
application, or switch users, to create a new session?

Also, my cookie permissions seem to be disappearing. I use google as
my home page. When I open my browser, I get a
prompt to set a cookie. I select, "allow for session", and check the
"use every time" check box, but every time I open
my browser I get the same prompt asking if that cookie can be set. I
also get a cookie request from id.google.com. I set
this to "block" and "use every time", but I get that request ever time
I open my browser as well.

LMH

You do have to close everything to end a session.

RET

Any idea as to why my cookie permissions are disappearing? If I click on "allow for session" and "use every time", I still get these prompts the next time I visit the site (if I have closed out SM between visits). I looked in the cookie permissions and the entry for the domain is missing.

1. open SM and log into a profile
2. open the browser
3. go to google.com
4. I get a permission request to set a cookie
5. select "allow for session" and "use every time"
6. these permissions are now in the data manager under google.com
7. close seamonkey
8. open SM and log into a profile
9. open the browser
10. open the data manager
11. there is no longer any cookie permissions entry for google.com
12. go to google.com
13. same cookie requests as before

It would appear is if the cookie permissions are being deleted when the session cookie expires, which defeated the purpose of "use every time". This is happening with sites other than google as well.

My overall settings under Preferences > Privacy and Security are,
Allow cookies from originating site only
Ask for each cookie, except session cookies

This page has changed a bit over time. I would like to be prompted for each cookie, but I would like the permissions to stay in place so I don't have to re-set them every time I visit every site. This has always worked well, so either something has changed and I don't understand the settings, or there is a bug.

LMH