Mr. Cheese wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Mr. Cheese wrote:

Rob wrote:
Mr. Cheese <n...@nowhere.net> wrote:
Why does SM have a "remember"checkbox for IMAP and not for POP
accounts?
SM used to remember my POP PW. that changed a few updates ago.

It should work for POP.  There are some ways to break it, I remember.

OK, I'm on SM 2.14.1. I've looked everywhere and cannot find a checkbox
to remember email PW. I'm not asked when I enter my PW and when editing
my account entries this  box does not appear in any tab.
What am I missing?

I'm on SM 2.14.1, too, and SM does remember my mail passwords.

In the Password Manager, look for the domain under which you receive
mail, and you should see something like this:

Domain        Website        Username        Password
nowhere.net    mailbox://mail.nowhere.net
(mailbox://mail.nowhere.net)        null        whatever1
         smtp://smtp.nowhere.net (smtp://smtp.nowhere.net)
null        whatever2

where "whatever1" and "whatever2" are your passwords. Of course, you'll
have to click the "Show Passwords" at the lower right to see the last
column.

Here's what I see:
https://signin.optonline.net      cheese81      Password

the PW is correct.  I see no "mailbox" entry
When I open mail I'm asked for a PW. there is NO checkbox

So you're using a webmail site, not downloading POP mail? You go to <https://signin.optonline.net> and login, and then you're asked for a password again later on? In that case, you probably should enable cookies for that site.

Paul B. Gallagher