Philip TAYLOR wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

BIll Spikowski wrote:

Paul, I agree completely -- that's why I'm frustrated when SM blocks
the full Acrobat program and insists that I install a new version of
the crippled Reader.

Can't say that's ever happened to me. I've heard of firewalls and such blocking
installers, but SM has never done that.

Seamonkey is not blocking the installer, it is blocking its own
launcher, and refusing to allow Adobe Acrobat to launch as
a plugin until the user has been forced to give it explicit permission.

Hunh.

I admit I've occasionally gotten behind the times and run a slightly outdated version of Acrobat or its Reader, but SM has never been one to complain to me about it. Sure, I've gotten nags from the corresponding Adobe program, but never from SM. Maybe I need to change my prefs at Advanced | Software Installation... ;-)

Paul B. Gallagher