On 1/4/2013 2:15 PM, Rob wrote:
Dick Hoffman <djh...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
On 1/4/2013 3:34 AM, Rob wrote:
Ray_Net <tbrraymond.schmit...@tbrscarlet.be> wrote:
You should CREATE another issue .. as explained by :

Jens Hatlak (:InvisibleSmiley) 2013-01-03 14:31:19 PST

Dick, sorry to hear that you have problems with your address book, but whatever
you're seeing, it's not this bug.
    The cause of this bug had been analyzed, found and fixed months ago. If
your problem persists,
    please open a new bug with clear steps to reproduce. Include information
such as used SeaMonkey version
    and any useful output from the Error Console (to be found under Tools, Web
Development).
    Thanks.

Does anyone know what this "some cache" is that needs to be flushed?
Maybe there are circumstances when this cache is not flushed after
installing another version, and causes problems for him?

Is it the file in the startupCache folder in your profile?
Maybe try deleting it (when Seamonkey has been closed).  I'm sure it
does not hurt to do that, but I don't know if this is the cache that
they are talking about on Bugzilla.

I've been assured that the fix for Bug 801615 is included in SM 2.14.1
so my problem is something new. I did clear cache and, no, I don't use

What cache did you clear?

AVG, so those ideas don't apply. We do not have this problem on our
laptop which is running SM 2.14 but verifying this pointed out a perhaps
major difference. The SM having the problem has three address books; a
Personal Address Book which is empty, something called ABOOK which has
802 entries in it including a mailing list and a Collected Addresses
which is empty. I think ABOOK came about when we migrated to SM from
Netscape Navigator years ago. Can my problem be related to having
multiple address books?

It is normal to have at least 2 address books.  I don't think it is
likely that this is the reason.
Monday I will investigate at work if we do have that problem there.
We are using 2.14.1 and some people have mailing lists.
But I did not hear of a problem yet.

Unfortunately the address book file format is arcane.  I hope it will
be migrated into an sqlite format soon.  (all other files already were)

I was able to build a new mailing list in Personal Address Book that contains the updated information I needed. Cannot delete the old list from ABOOK. I cleared whatever cache gets cleared when selecting "Clear Cache" in Preferences->Advanced->Cache.
Dick