b...@cowboyneeds.com wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:47:17 PM UTC-5, bi...@cowboyneeds.com wrote:
We are a business and always have both the Browser and Email windows open in
Win XP. These are both checked to open when SeaMonkey starts. The default use
to be Browser first, then email to the right. If somehow this order was
changed, you could put them in the order you want, exit SeaMonkey, and upon
restart it would open with the window positions you had upon exit. The latest
SeaMonkey update starts with Email on the left, and the Browser to the right,
and will not remember these if changed and restarted. It is a small thing, but
the reason we use SeaMonkey (and always used Netscape) is it lets us customize
much better than IE.

Does anybody know how to force SeaMonkey to open with Browser on left and Email
on right. We have multiple computers and SeaMonkey profiles, so consistency is
important.

Bill, if my interpretation of your situation is correct, re-set your
display as you require the browser and e-mail windows and then, on each
screen, click on the icon at the left of the title bar and one of the
options you should see is to close the screen. Do so for each screen
and, hopefully, when you re0open SM, things will be as you require!!

Daniel,
You have the correct interpretation, but your solution din not work.

I did not mean to confuse everybody with "task bar", but isn't that the bar at
the bottom of the screen that shows which programs you have open? We require multiple
programs to be open at once, and must change between them frequently. That is why
consistency in location is important or else we always click on the wrong program.

Bill,

Just so we know what we are discussing, on today's Microsoft operating systems, specifically XP, we have two type of "Task Bars". The one in the bottom right corner, with the system clock, is the "System Task Bar", and shows most applications launched at start-up. The one in th bottom left corner is the "Quick Launch Bar", and is so called because it is configured to launch a program with One Click.

To your question, with another question. Would it help to have two SM icons; each with a different program icon, and each separately opening either Mail, or Browser?

Michael G

--
Armadillo Web Development
www.armadilloweb.com