On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:47:17 PM UTC-5, bi...@cowboyneeds.com wrote:
> We are a business and always have both the Browser and Email windows open in
> Win XP. These are both checked to open when SeaMonkey starts. The default use
> to be Browser first, then email to the right. If somehow this order was
> changed, you could put them in the order you want, exit SeaMonkey, and upon
> restart it would open with the window positions you had upon exit. The latest
> SeaMonkey update starts with Email on the left, and the Browser to the right,
> and will not remember these if changed and restarted. It is a small thing,
> but the reason we use SeaMonkey (and always used Netscape) is it lets us
> customize much better than IE.
>

> Does anybody know how to force SeaMonkey to open with Browser on left and
> Email on right, on the Win XP task bar. We have multiple computers and
> SeaMonkey profiles, so consistency is important.

Thanks Michael Gordon.
I am talking about the System Task Bar with the Clock. Either a Windows XP, or
a SeaMonkey update, changed this behavior. SeaMonkey always use to reopen its
component windows in the order they were in when we last closed the program,
but now when opened, it always forces the SeaMonkey Email component to open
first, and be closest to the Start button.
We always have SeaMonkey's Browser and Email windows open on the System Task
Bar. We are an internet store, and frequently are replying to customers emails
with links to specific products on our html website. Those are the main
programs we have open, and use constantly, throughout the day. While we may
also need to open Excel, an HTML editor, an FTP program, etc., it is always
handiest to have the SeaMonkey Browser window open to the far left on the
System Task Bar (closest to Start button), and then SeaMonkey Email, and then
other programs to the right of these, which get opened and closed throughout
the day. When this order changes, we have to spend more time hunting the
correct window on the System Task Bar to click, instead of just "knowing" where
it is.
Its an annoyance more than anything, I just don't know what changed in one of
the updates, but it effected four computers at the same time, so this is not a
one computer "preference" setting. I have done a work around by only having
SeaMonkey open the Browser, and then we click SeaMonkey's Email icon to open
the Email component to the right. We have multiple SeaMonkey Profiles, so it is
just one more step every time we open SeaMonkey. I was hoping somebody knew
what changed, and a simple fix.