On each of two computers, one running XP the other Windows 7, I'm running
Seamonkey 15 and Firefox 18 with Java 7.11 installed. As far as I know, the
settings for Java, and the browser configurations, are identical, or as
close to that as possible, from machine to machine. On XP everything works
fine, but I'm having a Java problem on Win7.

At this site, www.time.gov, on both machines, java in Seamonkey asked for
permission to run and committed it to memory. So no problem there.

But at this site, www.stockwatch.com, when I tried to access streaming
quotes (behind a paywall), Seamonkey on Win7 refused to launch java. Firefox
launches java here without a problem.

Security is set to allow popups (required for the java app) at
Stockwatch.com, and the firewall would have given me an option if it was
about to block it, so I'm not sure what else to try.