Roger Fink wrote:
question wrote:
Roger Fink wrote:
On each of two computers, one running XP the other Windows 7, I'm
running Seamonkey 15 and Firefox 18 with Java 7.11 installed. As far
as I know, the settings for Java, and the browser configurations,
are identical, or as close to that as possible, from machine to
machine. On XP everything works fine, but I'm having a Java problem
on Win7. At this site, www.time.gov, on both machines, java in Seamonkey
asked for permission to run and committed it to memory. So no
problem there. But at this site, www.stockwatch.com, when I tried to
access
streaming quotes (behind a paywall), Seamonkey on Win7 refused to
launch java. Firefox launches java here without a problem.

Security is set to allow popups (required for the java app) at
Stockwatch.com, and the firewall would have given me an option if it
was about to block it, so I'm not sure what else to try.

I've noticed that one other site with a similar application, and
where I would expect the same problem of not being able to launch
java to occur, works OK, so it appears that the above problem may be
site-related.
The newest version of Java .. raises the secrity lever Bat to HIGH
because of Kackers taking control... It checks for Security
Certificates at the web sites. If there expired or have none , it
   will not function.. Click Java in control panel and lower the
security bar to Medium. But download the newest java from Java.com .. They
also explain this
to you .

Here's a question, question. Why don't I have this problem in Firefox 18,
which is the "equivalent level" browser to Seamonkey 15, and which I've
configured the same way? Anyway, thanks for the tip.

I can't get 7u11 to work in Firefox, SeaMonkey or Chrome, works okay in IE.
Jim