On 02/16/2013 04:07 PM, Lori wrote:
I'm a long-time user but not techie.  Apologies in advance.

I just learned that there have been huge amounts of duplicated emails
(doubles, triples, quadruplicates, etc.), overloading the inbox.

My ISP, Verizon, blames SeaMonkey!

Is it correct that if I want to keep mail on computer I can move it
safely to Local Folders?

Or can I get help archiving (offloading) it to a disc or floppy?

I can't understand instructions I found online.

Lori D.

I create folders under my account(s) and filter the mail to those folders.

Although most is in my account(s) Inbox.

So what are you doing that you get huge amounts of duplicated emails?

Leaving them on the server at Verizon? You can setup SeaMonkey (and Thunderbird) to delete mail from the server in your Account Settings under Server Settings.

SeaMonkey has an excellent Help file. Activate Help from the Menu or press F1 to access it.

--
Fedora 18.0 (64-bit) KDE 4.9.5
Thunderbird Release