Ray_Net wrote:
PhillipJones wrote, On 07/03/2013 19:57:
David H. Durgee wrote:
Daniel wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote:
Daniel wrote:
I've just published my Family Tree on a website (tribalpages.com) and
can include photo's of the people.

As hard as it seems for WaltS, here, to believe, my normal e-mail
account has only a 500Kb (at any one time) limit before it costs me
extra money, so I don't want relo's sending me photo's there and
costing
me money.

Has anybody here got a recommendation of somewhere I can easily set
up a
Freeby e-mail account, from which I can then download the e-mails
(and
photo attachments) into a second SeaMonkey e-mail account (i.e. don't
want to deal with my mail via the browser!) which would have a
greater
mail limit (I think I've heard of some sites having 20Mb mail account
limits!!).

(Then I'll worry about setting up another e-mail account in
SeaMonkey.)

Why not set up a dropbox folder instead? That avoids the entire issue
and you get 2G of storage to start with and get another .5G per
referral
up to 18G for free. Thst should provide plenty of room for the photos.

Dave

Sorry! Dropbox?? Is that dropbox.com or similar??

Yes, https://www.dropbox.com/

Dave

And they have free Application that you download and install and all
you have to do is move desired file to the local DropBox folder and it
automatically syncs to the Cloud server.  I use it all the time. (when
My internet connection is up and running.

The best alternative is to use a Gmail account.

I don't believe that tribal.com (where Daniel want to send photos) work
with dropbox ..... their site says:

    Photos by Email

You can also add photos to your new site via Email! It's easy, quick and
incredibly flexible. You and your family email photos to your Photo
Email Address. TribalPages will receive this email as place the photos
into your family tree's photo album.

Thanks, Ray, but my idea was that relatives would send their photo's to me via this e-mail account that I'm setting up.

I would then download the e-mail (and attached photo's) onto my computer, then I would upload the photo's to tribalpages.com.

I guess what I'm looking to get advise on her is where to locate the "your Photo Email Address" account!

Thanks for all the suggestions, team!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.17 Build identifier: 20130224181913