Ed Mullen wrote:

And I haven't perused the thread in detail. But, it is typical of
those who expect WYSIWYG editors to work properly. And then
complain.

Sigh. It won't do any good but I'll say what I always say:

Learn HTML and CSS.

Get a good text editor and code by hand.

Or.

Live with the crap that WYSIWYG programs create.

And, yes, I once used them. Back in 1996. And then I grew up.

I remember a couple of decades ago when word processors were like that. Remember Word Imperfect's reveal-codes feature, where you could see exactly what it was doing under the hood?

Soon enough, we won't have to code HTML by hand, we'll just write and format content the way we do in a word processor. We're not there yet, but I can see it coming.

Paul B. Gallagher