On 03/14/2013 01:46 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:

Gary Montalbine wrote:

On 03/13/2013 02:00 AM, Arne wrote:
Gary Montalbine skriver:

I use Seamonkey as my html composer. I have a simple website. The
windows-1252 charset surprised me. Is there another easy editor you
might recommend?

BlueGriffon (http://bluegriffon.org/) has been recommended here
previously.

I am using Mageia2 and BlueGriffon is not offered. Bluefish is offered.
However it seems way to complicated for a simple user. Seamonkey is easy
for me to code. I have nothing fancy on my site. The only problem I have
is being forced to use windows-1252 charset. When I start a new html the
default is ISO-8859-1 but it is saved as windows-1252. I shall continue
to use it and see if there are problems with the website.
Thanks for everybodies help. Gary

Open the file in a text editor and manually change the charset to
whatever you want.

Or else ignore it. Gary hasn't really described a problem, other than
the unexpected change.

To me the problem is I am forced to use the windows-1252 charset which I really know nothing about except what was mentioned previously. I should have a choice. As mentioned earlier I can change it in a text editor. Another useless step. I like Seamonkey because to a non-tech it is easy. All my pages are essentially the same so I just copy and paste the html code to each page. If I have trouble I can use CSS Schools and or a local support group. I tried LibreOffice for html. It was atrocious. Now I write the article's in text and then copy and paste into seamonky.
Gary