On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:57:04 -0400
"Paul B. Gallagher" <pau...@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:56:39 -0400 "Paul B. Gallagher"
> > <pau...@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote:

> >> This assumes I know it. What if I'm browsing and think, "I remember
> >> I bookmarked that video of Lee Hi singing '1.2.3.4,' where could
> >> it be?" If I don't know the URL, I can't visit it, and if I can't
> >> find the bookmark -- well after all, that's the purpose of a
> >> bookmark, eh?
> >
> > The goalposts seem to be moving in this thread, and I'm not sure
> > what you want now.
> >
> > In your original post, you said, "I've got dozens of bookmark
> > folders, and I can definitely find the bookmark using the search
> > tool at Manage Bookmarks, but when it returns a hit, there's no
> > information about folder location, just the bookmark itself." Chris,
> > indeed assuming that you could find the bookmark by searching, as
> > you said you definitely could, gave good instructions for finding
> > out what folder it's in.
>
> Under normal circumstances, I pull down the bookmarks list in the
> browser window, and I think, "Lee Hi's vid is probably in the K-Pop
> folder," and sure enough it is, so I just mouse down and over and
> click it: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AI7UP1iRAU>. End of story.
>
> But sometimes I can't remember which folder I put something in, so I
> fumble around, and eventually I have to resort to the Manage
> Bookmarks search feature. Having searched it, I learn that "somewhere
> in your list of bookmarks is this one." But it doesn't say where. So
> I can visit the bookmark, and then use the Edit Bookmark feature
> Chris described to move it to a more memorable folder. It's a
> tolerable workaround, but a workaround nonetheless.

Yet you objected to Chris' workaround on the grounds that you might not
be able to find the bookmark by searching.  Subsequent to that, you
objected to him telling you how to search for a bookmark on the grounds
that you were already able to find the bookmark by searching.  I still
can't tell if there's something else you need to be able to do, as the
thread grows longer.

> As I and others have pointed out in this thread, it would be
> desirable to be able to locate and move a searched/found bookmark
> directly in the Bookmarks Manager, and this has been discussed under
> two separate bugs over and over for 12 years.

Sure, and there's an add-on that does it, Go Parent Folder, mentioned
early on in the thread.  IIRC, you don't want to use extensions.