»Q«:

>I suspect the reason you can't reproduce it is that you haven't
>copied/pasted the headers exactly.  Note the tab characters in the
>headers in Ray's bug comment, between the Subject and To headers.

Oh. I am using the mc which is configured to repclace TABs with Spaces.
A new try using emacs now contains TABs.

>My SeaMonkey displays them as Ray's does.

Funny thing. I do see only one mail now despite the fact that there are
two and the Subject of the one is like Ray's.

>It doesn't look like a SeaMonkey bug to me, though, just mails with
>bad headers.

It depends on if a TAB is a valid character. *g* Nevertheless, you have
found the culprit. :)

Hartmut