On 04/06/2013 03:38 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Henry wrote:
  I'm running WinXP Pro SP3 with all updates.

  I'm still running Mozilla ver 1.78  :-(

  If I install the latest version of Seamonkey, will it pick up the
  profile from my obsolete Mozilla?

  Henry
Henry, there was a change in file format in the move from SM 1.x to SM
2.x. So, to be safe, you might have to install SM 1.1.19 (this should
pick up your Mozilla profile), then install SM 2.0 and the 2.1 to make
sure the file conversion occurs, and then you should be able to install
SM 2.17 ( the latest version).

All these other versions are downloaded from the bottom of
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/#2.17

Report back if you have any problems!!

I know 2.17 is the latest version.  Yet when I click help>about
Seamonkey it says I have version 2.6.1  What's the story on that?

Most likely the updates are still throttled, and you haven't received an update.

Could be they are waiting for Firefox 20.0.1, so they can push out SeaMonkey 2.17.1.

--
openSUSE 12.3 (64-bit) KDE 4.10.0
Thunderbird Release