Daniel wrote:

Henry wrote:

I'm running WinXP Pro SP3 with all updates.

I'm still running Mozilla ver 1.78  :-(

If I install the latest version of Seamonkey, will it pick up the
profile from my obsolete Mozilla?

Henry

Henry, there was a change in file format in the move from SM 1.x to SM 2.x. So, to be safe, you might have to install SM 1.1.19 (this should pick up your Mozilla profile), then install SM 2.0 and the 2.1 to make sure the file conversion occurs, and then you should be able to install SM 2.17 ( the latest version).

All these other versions are downloaded from the bottom of http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/#2.17

Report back if you have any problems!!

>>Q<< wrote:

Current SeaMonkey can't use a Mozilla Suite profile, but on first run it
should notice the Mozilla profile and launch an import wizard.  See
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey> for details.

This seems like an easier alternative.  Is it just as effective?

Henry