F Murtz wrote:
Iceman wrote:
On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:17:44 +1000, F Murtz wrote in message

I have lots of problems with accessing bigpong newsgroup server.
How would you force it to ask for password.I have ticked "always accept
authentification"
Once when it was not working it asked for password on start,(which it
had not for the previous week)when entered it worked again.

You could try backing up your user profile, and then create a new
profile.
This can happen if the profile is corrupted.

To make problem worse someone has sugested that bigpong server has been
switched off so I do not know which end is the problem.

If you're using BigPond (the correct name?) as your ISP provider, then
you
should contact them.

No one in bigpond knows what a newsgroup server is,I have spent hours
trying to find anyone to talk to about usenet at telstra or bigpond.
I have sent them an email but judghing on past performance I dont expect
much.

F Murtz, just FYI, my ISP, rather than having a news server himself, usually re-brands a fed from the Bigpond server, but this fed has been dead since before Christmas, and my ISP is having trouble finding anyone there that knows about news servers!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0 SeaMonkey/2.18 Build identifier: 20130403022820

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0 SeaMonkey/2.17 Build identifier: 20130320191715