Daniel wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
Iceman wrote:
If you're using BigPond (the correct name?) as your ISP provider, then
you should contact them.

No one in bigpond knows what a newsgroup server is,I have spent hours
trying to find anyone to talk to about usenet at telstra or bigpond.
I have sent them an email but judghing on past performance I dont expect
much.

F Murtz, just FYI, my ISP, rather than having a news server himself, usually re-brands a feed from the Bigpond server, but this feed has been dead since before Christmas, and my ISP is having trouble finding anyone there that knows about news servers!!

I read somewhere else that Big Pond was out of business... dead, as you mentioned.

A good news server suggestion mentioned previously would be a switch to Eternal-September.org which is free.
bj