On 04/26/2013 09:34 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
I have a rather 'computer illiterate' friend who has NEVER had SeaMonkey
on his two Computers. I have convinced him to install SM.
I want to help him as best I can.

He has desktop is running XP and his new laptop is running Windows 8.
BTW - He still uses a Modem for reasons related to location and
his own quirks about hooking up with cables. (Fixed in his ways).

Anyway - Will SeaMonkey 2.17.1 work OK on both of his computers,
one with XP and one with Windows 8 ?

Personally I have XP on my computer and ALL is well.
I will change to Win 8 only when the beat me into submission...

I know NOTHING about Windows 8 and hope we both can figure out how to
install SM to THAT computer.

It has been Years since I installed SM to a brand new XP system.
I remember that we will have to set up his profile on a new install - YES ?

Will Windows 8 run SeaMonkey 2.17.1 ?

Windows 8 is enigmatic to both him and me....

Thank you for any help.

System Requirements <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/system-requirements>

Should install on Windows 8.

--