Dick Hoffman wrote:
<Snip>

AHA!!  Got it!  No need to hack the .xpi file at all.  The problem
isn't in the Communicator plug-in itself, it's the xpi file!!

Do NOT go to this site to install the plugin:
http://software.garmin.com/en-US/gcp.html

Instead, go here:
http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3607

Download the installer from THAT page.  Exit Seamonkey, run the
installer.  When it's finished, reopen Seamonkey and go to the first
link I gave you to confirm the plug-in is installed.

That's correct, i had installed Garmin Communicator version 4.0.1.0.
from that page in jan 28 2012

Garmin support said "You are correct we do not have any direct support
for the SeaMonkey browser.
I will pass your email on as a suggestion for the future."
I followed the instructions from Jaime and Ray and the plugin is working
just fine. This group is fantastic!!!
Dick Hoffman

Glad to hear. I knew I wasn't losing my mind. When I first installed it many moons ago, Garmin did NOT have the .xpi installer, just the straight downloader and that worked just FINE.

Adobe made the same stupid decision some years back and I couldn't get ANY of their plugins to work properly till someone showed me where I could download them directly. Thankfully, Adobe did away with that procedure. One can only hope that Garmin does too (or at least learns how to build the xpi PROPERLY).

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary

AMA District 34