dhd...@earthlink.net wrote:
On Friday, May 24, 2013 6:52:25 AM UTC-4, Daniel wrote:
:

Hello Daniel

I am trying to retrieve some lost email as well and your reply to Laura a year ago has
gotten me some where but I am stuck on the last step of "moving them to the profile
location noted above." If you or anyone else can tell me how to do this I would very
much appreciate it.

Dorothy

O.K., Dorothy, to find the profile location, in SeaMonkey, have a look

at the "Local directory" location on the "Server Settings" screen for

you *mail* profile under Edit->Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings. This

should point you to roughly the location of your SeaMonkey e-mail

profile location.

Now, have you done the Windows Find File and Folders, and noted their

locations *and changed the names of the other inbox files* ?? You don't

need change the names of the inbox.msf files, in fact you can delete

them as they are re-created when needed. (similarly for your sent and

sent.msf files, etc.)

Then, having noted the locations of the *renamed* files, now open

Windows Explorer and drag the inbox files from their current locations

so that they are now in your SeaMonkey profile and at the same level as

your current inbox folder.

Then start SeaMonkey and you should see these extra folders in the

e-mail structure.

Post back if more assistance is need, and even if no further assistance

is needed, post back to let us know of your success!!

Daniel-
It took a while for me to get it straight, but somehow I finally did, and they
are all back. Thank you so much!!
Dorothy

Good to hear, Dorothy. Hope you have fun!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0 SeaMonkey/2.18 Build identifier: 20130502201647
or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0 SeaMonkey/2.18 Build identifier: 20130403022815