Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

I found a web site for that company (Oregon, Nevada...) but didn't
see any status-type pages. (Must select an area.) First thing that
came to mind this morning was perhaps he has reached a byte-limit for
online storage and it's causing the mailserver to not obey rules.

The usual practice when a mailbox is full and the server must choose between deleting old messages and rejecting new ones is that it rejects the new ones and sends an error message to the sender. Of course, the user would like to hear about it, too, but I haven't been on the receiving end of such a notice because I've never had a full mailbox. I've always downloaded messages regularly to my local machine.

I don't see how sending duplicate messages to the user would achieve anything for any of the parties, so it must be a malfunction, not a designed behavior.

Does he ever remove old mail via the online access? How often?

Next, might be a phone call to their support folks.

Makes sense.

Paul B. Gallagher