Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
>> David E. Ross wrote:
>>> Would it be possible to post a message at least weekly in
>>> mozilla.support.seamonkey regarding the current status of efforts to
>>> resume development of SeaMonkey versions?  It is been over a week since
>>> I have seen anything about your hardware failure.
>>>
>>> Followup-to set to mozilla.support.seamonkey.
>>>

>> Ok, not much status to share but I don't want to keep you guys in the dark.
>>
>> * I'm still working on this.
>> * Timing of the machine issue came at one of the worst possible times
>> overall
>> ** Our helper-release-engineer is in charge of a massive office colo
>> move for his paid-job and can't really devote any time this/last week week.
>> ** I was traveling for work last week
>> ** I was sick for a few days the week before
>> ** I had a close family member pass away today, and was on her way the
>> past few days.
>> * We have to juggle all this fixup time for our *free* time since we all
>> have day jobs.
>>
>> It pains us to have this type of delay in getting any new version (beta
>> or otherwise) out to you, but I will send more information along when we
>> have things to share about progress.
>>

> STATUS UPDATE:
> -DONE:
> * the buildbot master has been imaged with the base os.
> * We have gotten puppet working
> -TODO:
> * We have to bring up the buildbot master and set it up properly

-/- WE ARE HERE -/-

>   <-----If we cut a few corners...
>   <-----at this point we can start spinning beta(s)/Releases
> * We have to bring up clobberer (which the machines use to know when a
> clobber is needed
> * We have to tell our buildapi to report to the clobberer server so that
> tbpl can report builds

I took time away from work to get this done NOW rather than delay, and
the amount I got done was less than I was hoping, so I didn't do any of
those corner cuts that will allow me to spin a beta, and I have no idea
yet on how much further (if anything) I'll get tonight.

HOWEVER the master is up, and running, and running jobs (we did a
blocklist update which pushed to the tree already!) so there is a
*chance* you'll get nightlies as of now.

There is also a good chance you won't, since clobberer is not working
atm, at all!.

You can follow along for further progress in:
* Bug 845843 - for the master itself
* Bug 883470 - for our beta timing/information.

I'll continue to post updates here until we're back on our normal schedule.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)