Ray Davison wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

I'm curious which (types of) users are having the problem. I
myself didn't notice the slightest difference on either machine. Of
course, my customizations or lack thereof might be different, I
might use a different set of add-ins, etc.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0 SeaMonkey/2.19

How about this?  The original thread started by Philip Taylor has
what I consider normal text.  This branch started by Chicagofan has
half size text for it and all following messages.

They all look exactly the same to me because I'm displaying them in plain text.

Philip Taylor's header says:

which in and of itself is weird (I don't know how you can send Unicode in seven bits), but be that as it may...

Chicagofan's header says:

The difference in encoding suggests to me that you have your size prefs set differently for Western and Unicode. Look under Edit | Preferences | Appearance | Fonts and tell us what you have for
        Western Monospace size
        Western Monospace Minimum font size
        Unicode Monospace size
        Unicode Monospace Minimum font size
and whether Allow documents to use other fonts is enabled or not. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the size prefs for Western are smaller.

Paul B. Gallagher