Janine Starykowicz wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote, On 07/07/2013 00:04:
Ray_Net wrote:

Janine Starykowicz wrote, On 06/07/2013 18:13:

When I open it in Notepad and try to save it, I get a popup saying
"Access is denied."

Change mms.cfg to mms.cfg-original
Copy mms.cfg-original to mms.txt
Edit and save mms.txt
Change mms.txt to mms.cfg

Works fine if the file is not locked/in use. That's an OS feature
that will also prevent renaming. Of course, if the file isn't locked,
you don't have to go through all this
rigmarole. Just open, edit, save, and you're done.

That was my only way to do it - the OS *accept* the changes .. OS
*never accept* that i save mms.cfg !!!!!

It won't let me save anything in the Flash folder, keeps sending mms.txt
to Documents. Keeps telling me to talk to admin, but I am admin. I've
tried unchecking read only on the Flash folder, but there is a file that
can't be reset and that stops it. Can't see any way to avoid that file,
seems it is all or nothing. The file mms.cfg does not have individual
read only, just inherits from the folder.

OK, tried to copy the file into the Flash folder and it worked! Got the
"you need to be admin" prompt, hit continue and it did. Next problem is
renaming it, it turns into mms.cfg.txt

Tried opening in HTM-Kit and re-saving, same problem: mms.cfg.txt. I can
force Notepad++ to try to save it as mms.cfg, but get the no permission
in this folder error.

You might try renaming the copy in the Documents folder first, then moving the properly named file to the Flash folder. When it protests that the file already exists, tell it to go ahead and overwrite.

Paul B. Gallagher