David E. Ross:

>I worked my way down my own user.js file, changing indicated preference
>either by [Edit > Preferences], about:config, or PrefBar, terminating
>SeaMonkey, and then restarting it.

I would do that with inserting an easy pref, e.g. user_pref("hafi",
"hi"); *g*, in the first line of the user.js, then moving that line to
the half of the user.js, then, depending of if it enters the prefs.js,
moving it to the half of the top or the half of the bottom and so on.

>Aha!!

:)

>I had tried to set layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to 0.9. While integer
>values can be indicated as such in user_pref statements, non-integer
>values require quotes (input as text strings).
>
>       user_pref(layout.css.devPixelsPerPx; 0.9);
>is quite wrong.  It had to be
>       user_pref(layout.css.devPixelsPerPx; "0.9");

Ehm, the '; ' before the value, shouldn't that be a ', '?

Hartmut