Rob <nom...@example.com>wrote:

> This would not work for scam mail, as the objective for a scam mail
> it to look like a genuine mail but still deceive the user.
>
> Scammers copy genuine mails from banks and other companies and edit
> them as little as possible.  There is too much probability that they
> would not be recognized as a scam after a user has whitelisted mails
> from the company.
>
> This is different from spam, where you are looking for mails different
> from usual mail, rather than mail that looks the same.

But when you have 100% of e-mails from Flyertalk.com being marked
as scams, and 0% are scams, then the software needs to be intelligent
enough to recognise this.  We are not discussing borderline situations
where some messages are scams and some are not; this is a 100%
false positive situation that requires adaptive learning in order
to resolve the problem.

Philip Taylor