"WaltS" <thalion...@evomeraim.com> wrote in message
news:laydnrd6pk4l8czpnz2dnuvz_qedn...@mozilla.org...
> On 10/06/2013 09:20 AM, Desiree wrote:
>> "WaltS" <thalion...@evomeraim.com> wrote in message

>>> On openSUSE 12.3 Linux opening SeaMonkey to the default home page
>>> <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/start/> does not start the plugin
>>> container.
>>>
>>> Setting "plugins.click_to_play" to true and setting all plugins to "Ask
>>> Activate", did not start the plugin container when I went to
>>> <http://www.cbsnews.com/video/>.
>>>
>>> Clicking "Activate Adobe Flash" in the blank video window did start the
>>> plugin container.
>>>
>>> You do still have control.
>>
>> That's nice to hear and it doesn't surprise me. The problem for me with
>> using Linux is that I can't use the Proxomitron unless I try through
>> WINE.
>> It's my most important application and I won't give it up.
>>

> My procedure should work the same with Windows.

I paused my router (couldn't do that with the Linksy router I used for
almost 9 years but this one I can) and started SeaMonkey offline so the
plugin container didn't try to load.  I was right that the recent Flash
update had turned Flash back on to "automatic" in SeaMonkey plugins.
Updating Flash should not change my settings for it in Tools/Addons
Manager/Plugins.  I set Flash back to "Ask" closed SeaMonkey, unpaused the
router and restarted SeaMonkey.  Plugin container did not try to load so
SeaMonkey didn't crash. After the tabs loaded, I tested by going to your CBS
link and just got a blank screen where the video should be.

So, SeaMonkey is fine now and I will keep Flash disabled on it. However,
this same problem will happen again with the next Flash update. I download
Flash update to disk anyway but I will have to remember before installing a
Flash update to pause the router, install offline, then start SeaMonkey
offline and reset the plugin to "Ask" before reconnecting to the internet
and starting SeaMonkey again.

> I don't know about a ten year old dead application Proxomitron. Wonder how
> many security holes it has?

Dead?  I run JJoe's update of Sidki's filters. The update was offered to us
on Dec 22, 20011 in Sidki's official forum at TUOPF.  I 'm hoping we get
another Christmas present this Christmas with an update as I have a very
strange problem with Proxo on Windows 8 Pro having to do with it throttling
download speed so I keep it off Opera and use Opera for large downloads.