MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 11/10/2013 19:41, Rick Merrill told the world:
Phillip,

open https://www.google.com/  fresh
then "refresh" it - the top bar disappears.

IE8 does not exhibit this odd behavior.

Hmmm, yeah. I can see it:

Open SM, go to Google.com -- black bar displays on top. On refreshing
(and subsequent visits to the page) the black bar does not display;
instead, the new cleaner look with the "app button" besides the login
button displays.

The bar displayed in Iron (which is like 99% Chrome), but only when I
was logged into my Google account (I prefer to be logged out of Google
most of time, so I keep a separate browser for checking Gmail and other
stuff that requires a Google account).

Firefox 24, IE10 and Opera 12.15 didn't display the black bar either.

Apparently Google decided to hide the black bar when users aren't logged
in; for some reason, on first load on Seamonkey, it shows the old layout.

My guess is some buggy code on Google's part, that takes a while to load
the appropriate style sheet. Since it only happens to Seamonkey, it may
be related to browser sniffing. I notice that the behavior only happens
first time after SM loads, so Google may be setting some session cookie.

Must be a Windows phenomenon.  I am not seeing that with Mac OS.